2021-22 TECHNIS web seminars
All seminars are via the internet and, unless otherwise indicated, they take place on Tuesdays @ 11:00 GMT. Participation is free and very easy. If you want to participate just email Andreas Panagopoulos, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday the 19th of Oct. 2021, 11:00 GMT, Stuart Hogarth, Cambridge University
- Tuesday the 9th of Nov. 2021, 11:00 GMT, Gianluca Carnabuci, ESMT Berlin
- Tuesday the 23th of Nov. 2021, 11:00 GMT, Roberto Fontana, University of Pavia
- Tuesday the 30th of Nov. 2021, 11:00 GMT, Guido Cozzi, University of St. Gallen
- Tuesday the 14th of Dec. 2021, 11:00 GMT, Behrang Kianzad, University of Copenhagen
- Tuesday the 25th of Jan. 2022, 11:00 GMT, Christina Theodoraki, Toulouse Business School
- Tuesday the 15th of Feb. 2022, 11:00 GMT, Elena Novelli, Cass Business School
- Tuesday the 1st of Mar. 2022, 15:00 GMT, Stefan Bechtold, ETH Zurich
- Tuesday the 15th of Mar. 2022, 11:00 GMT, Emeric Henry, Sciences Po University
- Tuesday the 12th of Apr. 2022, 11:00 GMT, Jocelyn Bosse, University of Reading
- Tuesday the 10th of May, 2022, 11:00 GMT, Phoebe Li, Sussex University
- Tuesday the 24th of May 2022, 15:00 GMT Haris Durrani, Columbia Law School & Princeton University
2020-21 TECHNIS web seminars
- Tuesday the 6th of October 2020, Sandro Mendonça, ISCTE Business School, Portugal. Title:"The appropriateness of patent statistics: Their development and diffusion in the wake of the influential work of Zvi Griliches".
- Tuesday the 20th of October 2020, Tanya Aplin, King's College London. Title: "The limits of EU trade secret protection".
- Tuesday the 10th of November 2020, Leonidas Aristodemou, Cambridge University. Title: "Crisis-Critical IP challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic".
- Tuesday the 24th of November 2020, Christian Kiedaisch, University of Namur, Belgium. Title: "Superstar Innovators and the Effect of IP Rights on Innovation".
- Tuesday the 8th of December 2020, Carys J. Craig, York University, Canada. Title: "The Death of the AI Author".
- Tuesday the 19th of January, 2021, Rossella Salandra, University of Bath, UK. Title: "Does Rivalry Influence Selective Reporting? A Competitive Dynamics Perspective on Comparative Trials for Antidepressant Drugs".
- Tuesday the 16th of February 2021, Viola Prifti, Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin. Title: "The Concept of “Essentially Derived Variety”. How Do EU Courts Decide?".
- Tuesday the 2nd of March, 2021, Efstathios Arapostathis, University of Athens. Title: "Assetizing Food: Omics, Knowledge Management and Technoscientific Capitalism in Greece".
- Tuesday the 16th of March 2021, Paula Criscuolo, Imperial College, London. Title: "Organization Structure of Development and Firm Innovation".
- Tuesday the 11th of May 2021, Yassine Lefouli, Toulouse School of Economics. Title: "Mergers and Demand-Enhancing Innovation".
- Tuesday the 8th of June 2021, Peter Gianiodis, Duquesne University, USA. Title: The Death and Rebirth of the Entrepreneurial University Model".
2019-20 TECHNIS web seminars
2018-19 TECHNIS web seminars
- Tuesday 15th of January 2019 @ 12:00 GMT, Nicholas Vonortas, Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University, USA. Title: "An Economic Appraisal of Microgravity Protein Crystallization for Drug Development".
- Tuesday 29th of January 2019 @ 12:00 GMT, Jacob S. Sherkow, Innovation Center for Law and Technology, New York Law School, USA. Title: "The Pick-And-Shovel Play: Bioethics For Gene-Editing Vector Patents".
- Tuesday 12th of February 2019 @ 12:00 GMT, Devrim Göktepe-Hultén, Department of Business Administration, Lund University, Sweden. Title: "Entrepreneurial Leadership in the Academic Community: Review & Stylized Facts".
- Tuesday 19th of March 2019 @ 12:00 GMT, Naomi Hawkins, University of Exeter, UK. Title: "Patents and genomic medicine".
- Tuesday 7th of May 2019 @ 12:00 GMT, Vincenzo Denicolò, University of Bologna. Title: "Artificial Intelligence, Algorithmic Pricing and Collusion".
- Tuesday the 21st of May 2019 @ 15:00 GMT, Alan Marco, School of Public Policy, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. Title: "Patent Citations Reexamined".
2017-18 TECHNIS web seminars
Tue, 17 Oct. 2017, Stathis Arapostathis, (University of Athens), Tracking invention in the courts: Discursive, textual, and material entanglements in Marconi’s legal battles
Tue, 24 Oct. 2017, Natalia Zinovyeva, (Aalto University), Are Better Researchers Better Evaluators? Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment
Tue, 14 Nov. 2017, Charles Lawson (Griffith University), Plant Breeder's Rights and Essentially Derived Varieties: Still Searching for Workable Solutions
Tue, 21 Nov. 2017, Shiri Breznitz (University of Toronto), Fostering the Growth of Student Start-ups from University Accelerators: An
Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Perspective
Tue, 28 Nov. 2017, Vanessa Behrens (ZEW), Fasten Your Seatbelts! Can the Patent Prosecution Highway Take Your Application Down the Fast Lane?
Tue, 27 Feb. 2018, Myra Mohnen (University of Essex), Stars and Brokers: Knowledge Spillovers among Medical Scientists
Tue, 13 March 2018, Martin Watzinger (University of Munich), How antitrust can spur innovation: Bell Labs and the 1956 consent decree
Tue, 24 April 2018, Stefan Wagner (ESMT), Patents, Data Exclusivity, and the Development of New Drugs
Tue, 22 May 2018, Linda Kahl (BioBricks), Infrastructure for Open Science: Culture, Law and Policy
Tue, 5 June 2018, Pavel Chakraborty (Lancaster University), Organize to Innovate: Intellectual Property Regimes, Technology Adoption and Firm Structure
Tue, 16th of October 2018 @ 12:00 GMT, Kyriakos Drivas, University of Piraeus. Title: “Trademark Opposition and Proximity”
Tue, 6th of November 2018 @ 16:00 GMT, Corinne Langinier, University of Alberta, Canada. Title: "Green Technology and Patents in the Presence of Green Consumers".
Tue,y 20th of November 2018 @ 13:00 GMT, Timo Minssen, Centre for Advanced Studies in Biomedical Innovation Law, Denmark. Title: "AI in the Medical Sciences & the Lex Machina".
Tue, 4th of December 2018 @ 12:00 GMT, Abdullah Gök, Strathclyde Business School, UK. Title: Seminar Cancelled.
Past Seminars (2014-2017)
30-05-2017 Sideri K., University of Cyprus, "Patenting diagnostics and the future of personalised medicine: Private property and the
romance of the public domain".
23-05-2017 Gkotsis P., Industrial Research and Innovation, EU Commission, “Technological diffusion as a recombinant process”.
04-05-2017 Scott T., Research Triangle Institute, USA, "Rewarding Innovation with Patent-Buyout Options".
25-04-2017 Dutfield G., University of Leeds, "Healthcare innovation and patent law’s ‘pharmaceutical privilege’: is there a pharmaceutical
privilege? And if so, should we remove it?".
28-03-2017 Pellegrino G., EPFL, "International Mobility of Inventors and Innovation: Empirical Evidence from the Collapse of the Soviet
21-03-2017 Geissler M., Technische Universität Dresden, "Alumni as strategic university resource for innovativeness and
competitiveness? Insights from a structured literature review on university and firm Alumni".
07-03-2017 Fischer B., University of Campinas, “Dynamics of Technology Upgrading in Emerging Economies: Evidence from Brazilian
31-01-2017 Parthasarathy S., University of Michigan, “Patents, Political Order, and the Public Interest in Comparative Perspective”.
24-01-2017 Matt M., INRA, "Towards a Typology of Science–Industry Licensing Agreements".
12-12-2016 Lipman A., UC Davis, "Cannibalism and Colonialism: Querying Property".
29-11-2016 de Rassenfosse G., EPFL, "Indigenous Innovation and (lack of) Intellectual Property Protection".
15-11-2016 Melero E., Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, "The Causal Effect of Patents on Inventor Mobility".
25-10-2016 Nikolic I., UCL, "Alternative Remedies to Injunctions in SEP Disputes".
11-10-2016 Iaria A., ENSAE, "Frontier Knowledge and the Creation of Ideas: Evidence from the Collapse of International Science in the
Wake of World War I".
07-06-2016 Pellens M., Centre for European Economic Research, "Guilt by association".
24-05-2016 Simeth M., Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, "Patent disclosure and the diffusion of knowledge".
17-05-2016 Zirulia L., University of Bologna, "Double Disclosures and the Negotiation of Scientific Credit in Research Teams".
26-04-2016 Papageorgiadis N., University of Liverpool Management School, "International Patent Systems Strength 1998-2011".
12-04-2016 Zhen L., Penn State University, "Impacts of the NIH Public Access Policy on Knowledge Diffusion".
16-02-2016 Berry D., University of Edinburgh, “Putting history to work in plant IP: synbio, agroecology, and the future of farming”.
26-01-2016 Charnley B., St. Anne’s College, University of Oxford, "Miss Ormerod’s feeling for Community" .
15-12-2015 Moreira S., IESE Business School, "Evading the boomerang effect: Using the Grant-Back clause to prevent loss of
advantage to licensing partners".
24-11-2015 Della Malva A., University of Leuven, "Voluntary disclosure and technological competition".
17-11-2015 Lazaridis G., EPO, "EPO Procedures and the Unitary Patent".
26-10-2015 Lekkas T., "Copying Software in the 1980s: an illegal practice or an aspect of computer use?"
21-05-2015 Svensson R., RIIE, "The Value of R&D: Can we use patent data to predict innovation?".
14-05-2015 Göktepe-Hultén D., University of Lund, "University patenting in Europe; Does faculty ownership of Intellectual Property
impede university technology transfer?" .
07-05-2015 Martin K., Fleming Institute, "Technology transfer at the Fleming Institute".
01-04-2015 Kolympiris C., University of Bath, "Geographic distance between venture capitalists and investees and the value of quality
18-03-2015 Grimpe C., Copenhagen Business school, "Markets for technology and the importance of firm-specific search for innovation
28-01-2015 Bottis M., "Patenting drugs".
17-12-2014 Rozakis S., AUA, "Research funding and academic output: The case of Agricultural University of Athens".
19-11-2014 Arapostathis E., University of Athens, "Industrial property, law and the politics of invention in Greece, 1900-1987".
04/06/2014 Panagopoulos A. 'A new way of incentivizing startup patenting"
21/05/2014 Brown A. "An introduction to pharmaceutical patenting, the case of PharmAthen".
30/04/2014 Sideri K. "Legal norms and patent policy".
12/03/2014 Stamatopoulos G. "Licensing non-linear technologies".
19/02/ 2014 Drivas K. "Using renewals in identifying the industries that rely on strategic patenting".
29/01/2014 Economidou C. "Knowledge flows and local innovation activity".